My colour settings for Visual Studio

by Matt 16. August 2010 10:03

So, just in case I should happen to find myself in a situation where I need to update a vanilla Visual Studio to the nice, soothing colours I know and love, somewhere, say, that doesn’t allow USB drives, I thought I’d post them here (why, yes, I do have a new job, starting tomorrow. How did you guess?)

I can’t quite remember where these colours came from, but having a mooch about the cavernous depths of my downloads folder, I rather think it was from this post on gurustop.net, although tweaked to use Consolas and later versions of ReSharper and goodness knows what else. And it’s also up to date with VS2010, too, using some of the newer colours  you can see when you check the “Advanced highlighting” checkbox on this page (I really like studiostyles.info – nifty bit of html/css, but it doesn’t include ReSharper colours, which is a showstopper for me).

Anyway, it’s very nice, even if I do say so myself – all very calming blue (which makes red errors a bit awkward, probably still need to tweak those a little). It looks kinda like this for normal code (screen grab from the aforementioned awesome studiostyles.info):

VsStyleCode

and this for the VS2010 “advanced highlighting”:

VsStyleAdvanced

Except of course, with added ReSharper-y goodness (version 5.1, highlight current line, etc). It doesn’t really differentiate between all the different user defined types and stuff, ‘cos there’s just no need.

So, finally, links: citizenmatt-VS2010-2010-08-16.vssettings and (for all you old timers out there) citizenmatt-VS2008-2010-08-16.vssettings.

Franchise Advice
Franchise Advice
5/24/2011 5:02:43 AM #

Nice platform, just researching some blogs to use for my franchise advice website.  All the best, Matt.

New york yankees Baseball cap
New york yankees Baseball cap
6/19/2011 3:04:39 PM #

I've learned a lot from your blog here,Keep on going,I will keep an eye on it,One more thing

suv review
suv review
7/20/2011 10:24:59 PM #

Is it ok if I quote your article in my monthly newsletter? I would think this article suits my topic perfectly. Well ya, thanks for posting this article.

i phone 4g
i phone 4g
7/23/2011 7:39:41 PM #

I wonder if he cheated on her? I remember he cheated on his previous wife with JLO so it wouldn’t be surprising.

iphone app development
iphone app development
7/24/2011 3:52:54 AM #

Hi, just required you to know I he added your website to my Google bookmarks due to your layout. But seriously, I consider your net web-site has 1 in the freshest theme I??ve came across. It extremely helps make studying your blogging site significantly easier.

LAURENCE  Debora
LAURENCE Debora
7/27/2011 10:11:44 AM #

Bienvenue sur annuaires-gratuit.com.Des fonctionnalités inédites, nombreuses annuaires.

LAURENCE  Debora
LAURENCE Debora
7/28/2011 5:24:27 AM #

Notre objectif et de vous simplifiée les choses et faire connaître vos annuaires.

LAURENCE  Debora
LAURENCE Debora
7/28/2011 5:37:52 AM #

8/1/2011 7:52:24 AM #

Il ne vous reste plus qu' à créer votre propre annuaire, l'inscription est  gratuite .

8/2/2011 4:09:49 AM #

Service page annuaires : Trouver l'annuaire qu'il vous faut sur annuaires-gratuit.com .

Brandon Nickles
Brandon Nickles
8/6/2011 2:41:06 AM #

awesome post I will certainly be back to visit more. Keep it up!

8/8/2011 9:02:10 AM #

Vous pouvez configuré vos systèmes de paiement allopas sur annuaires-gratuit.com

8/9/2011 8:05:47 PM #

Recevoir la newsletter et les informations des partenaires de annuaires-gratuit.com

8/12/2011 7:29:34 PM #

vendez aux enchères vos objets neuf ou occasions, livres, téléphone portable, jeux.

8/13/2011 9:45:12 AM #

Le système d'Enchère automatique sibeys.com, vendez aux enchères vos objets neuf.

Tim Smith
Tim Smith United States
9/5/2011 2:23:54 PM #

Highly good many thanks, It is my opinion your trusty subscribers would definitely want a whole lot more reviews like this carry on the great content.

9/9/2011 5:48:33 PM #

Votre recherche sur le web avec Sukoga.com - metamoteur de recherche web gratuit.

Andrew Jefferson
Andrew Jefferson United States
9/12/2011 6:19:11 AM #

Surprisingly interesting many thanks, I presume your trusty readers might want considerably more blog posts such as this keep up the excellent effort.

Andrew Jefferson
Andrew Jefferson United States
10/12/2011 5:09:42 AM #

Outstandingly making money thank you, I reckon your followers could quite possibly want further information like that maintain the excellent hard work.

Barry Adar
Barry Adar
11/14/2011 1:52:10 AM #

Very good article, shall be putting this to use.

William Edward
William Edward
11/14/2011 2:33:47 AM #

Another improbable website, will have to bookmark this one.

Douglas Ramler
Douglas Ramler United States
1/6/2016 2:04:39 PM #

the style of keeping you connected with so many things of different types is awesome and you find it interesting everytime.

Chang Carbonneau
Chang Carbonneau United States
1/15/2016 5:00:12 AM #

Mollie Limbo
Mollie Limbo United States
1/15/2016 7:49:10 AM #

Printing out an essay or paper, reading the first line and realizing there aren't any mistakes.<br />AWESOME!

Blake Krist
Blake Krist United States
1/15/2016 8:55:42 AM #

yeah, except the "dolphin saving you" one

Ghislaine Aukamp
Ghislaine Aukamp United States
8/25/2016 4:08:13 AM #

Great informative blog. Hopefully you can also discuss some green house designs with great architectural planning

Angelika Sotak
Angelika Sotak United States
9/15/2016 10:34:45 PM #

With changing patterns it keeps full hold on your customer. Any development company will cater to this fact. Vancouver app development, BC android developer Pune also takes into consideration the various needs of the consumers. The Windows App Market is booming as well, it just hit 100,000 apps recently. But if you are going to invest make sure that you hire someone that can create cross-platform to maximize the effect of adding such a powerful tool to your companie's arsenal.

30kw solar panel system