A photo printing wizard miscellany

by Matt 26. October 2007 11:12

Despite being surprisingly inflexible about it's print sizes, I do like that photo printing wizard. As long as you play by its rules, it's very good.

Just remember to check out the "Options" link at the bottom right of the wizard. You get a dialog like this:

Print Settings

I've turned off the "Sharpen for printing" option, and it's made a huge difference to my photos; they look much more natural now. I haven't been overly pleased with how they've have been printing - everything's been a little too crisp, with very hard edges. I'm very glad to have sorted this out. I'd also recommend having a wander through your printer's colour settings - my Epson was thoughtfully "enhancing" my photos. Not any more.

Anyway, if you feel the urge to add this wizard to your application, you can find it in the Windows Image Acquisition SDK. Simply create WIA.CommonDialog and call ShowPhotoPrintingWizard passing in a list of filenames. It's even been around since XP (Service Pack 1).

And it's nice to know that I'm not alone in wanting to be able to print at arbitrary sizes. But according to an online chat held by Microsoft TechNet, I might be out of luck:

Q: Will the photo printing wizard allow custom sized photos?
A: There are no current plans to support this.

Q: Will the photo printing wizard allow for custom layouts?
A: We are looking at making the templates extensible in the next version.

This was from way back in June 2002. Maybe in Windows 7.

suv reviews
suv reviews
7/20/2011 10:33:08 PM #

I wonder if he cheated on her? I remember he cheated on his previous wife with JLO so it wouldn’t be surprising.

paintball equipment
paintball equipment
10/2/2011 5:50:38 AM #

Hi. Just wanted to comment on your post. Great read, and useful information.

Ofelia Langmo
Ofelia Langmo
10/5/2011 3:55:34 PM #

Jennifer Lopez's indecisiveness with regard to coming back to American Idol could possibly cost her a spot on the show's judging panel.  Lopez has not yet made a final call over whether she may be coming back again to the tv program for season 11

cairns solar
cairns solar United States
5/18/2015 3:07:04 PM #

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

11/19/2015 1:51:57 AM #

Wonderful Website

11/28/2015 12:48:45 AM #

Wonderful Site

high pr backlinks sites
high pr backlinks sites United States
12/10/2015 12:15:01 AM #

Not merely reputable, but additionally valuable info. As well as that is rare to come by these days! I have to say that I am really amazed as well as will surely come back again if you keep up the quality and worth of the material at this level, or even get it on the next degree.

Athena Deodato
Athena Deodato United States
1/15/2016 5:00:16 AM #

Hey, congratulations Neil. This site really is something special and it's been a pleasure to share it with my readership too. Looking forward to future awesome things, and I'll send any suggestions that are sufficiently awesome.

Harriet Tenpas
Harriet Tenpas United States
1/15/2016 8:32:29 AM #

the style of keeping you connected with so many things of different types is awesome and you find it interesting everytime.

Rubin Hadcock
Rubin Hadcock United States
1/17/2016 9:53:58 PM #

yeah, except the "dolphin saving you" one

Robin Eisiminger
Robin Eisiminger United States
1/19/2016 2:05:32 AM #

krajowy.biz
krajowy.biz United States
1/26/2016 2:28:57 AM #

high pr backlinks generator
high pr backlinks generator United States
4/10/2016 10:02:33 PM #

Fabulous! This is merely remarkable! Not just high quality, but also important information. And that is rare ahead by these days! I have to say that I am really impressed and will undoubtedly return again if you keep up the quality and worth of the content at this degree, or perhaps acquire it on the following degree. Truly, from all-time low of my heart, thank you for your time! God bless!

link building campaign
link building campaign United States
4/18/2016 5:30:52 AM #

Fabulous! This is simply remarkable! Not just high quality, but likewise useful details. And that is rare to come by nowadays! I have to say that I am really amazed and also will surely come back again if you keep up the quality and value of the material at this degree, or even obtain it on the next level. Best regards, from all-time low of my heart, thank you for your time! God bless!

chats
chats United States
4/21/2016 5:12:10 PM #

Say thanks a ton so much for give away this details. This is the best option for amusement. These are a popular game & everybody is able to fully enjoy by using these games. Mainly because i am also play these games. Wish that so these games have a positive response this may let you good feedback just as well.</p><p>I spend too much effort because of type of games. Finally, Before some days I used to be installed. SoftMozer is a free software downloading site offering

Anna Farris
Anna Farris United States
7/20/2016 7:43:08 AM #

You have an accurate point of view, thanks!

James Fly
James Fly United States
7/28/2016 12:53:09 PM #

This is such a great site come check out our new free Dating web site would wide fined your true love at http://youllfindlove.com/

Scott Kevin
Scott Kevin United States
8/5/2016 2:34:24 AM #

Представляем новый веб- сайт знакомств будет оштрафован на широкий свою настоящую любовь в http://youllfindlove.com/

Salina Berquist
Salina Berquist United States
8/6/2016 3:25:39 PM #

Hire a professional writer for just $5. Visit: http://bit.ly/29sFchi

wayback machine downloader
wayback machine downloader United States
9/3/2016 1:00:24 PM #

whoah this blog is great i love reading your articles. Keep up the great work! You know, many people are hunting around for this information, you can help them greatly.

Shakia Bazzanella
Shakia Bazzanella United States
9/7/2016 2:55:24 AM #

Por eso digo que no veo justo tacharla de mielda de maquina, otra cosa es el servicio tecnico que en mi experiencia deja bastante que desear y te digo que en placa solo ha fallado una (creo que es placa vaya) de un margen de cerca de veinte que pillamos, por lo tanto la media no me da a pensar que las placas vayan malas de serie. Creo que una de las cosas mas importantes para comprar cualquier producto es justamente el servicio post venta y por lo que he leido en todos los foros este es patetico.

James Fly
James Fly United States
9/25/2016 12:37:39 PM #

Это такой хороший сайт с большим количеством полезной информации . Приходите присоединиться к нашему новый бесплатный социальный сайт, как Facebook . У нас есть группы друзей , объявления, сайт знакомств играть в игры бесплатно для всех на http://mysocialspot.ca/

Billy Dorado

10/16/2016 11:09:28 AM #

EKSPRES KASA

KREDYT MIESZKANIOWY EXPANDER

John Smith
John Smith United States
11/4/2016 6:22:49 AM #

This is such a nice great website with lots of good information. Please come join our new free social site like Facebook. We have groups, friends, classifieds, dating site play games for free all at http://mysocialspot.ca/

Nelia Prevet