Real life use of the SQS service

by Matt 27. June 2007 17:33

I think I might be stuck in too much of a traditional enterprise mind set. I was wondering who would use Amazon's message queue service, arguing that it's a B2B enterprise style offering, yet surely an enterprise would host its own queues?

Turns out I need to be thinking a bit more web 2.0.

Here's a post from the Gravatar blog that gives some insight into their infrastructure (along with some technical difficulties they've been having recently).

(In case you haven't come across Gravatar before, it's a site that allows you to upload an image (avatar) that you can assign to your email address. Blog sites can then link to the image in their comments. Nice, but I don't know how they pay their leccy bills.)

This is a nice decoupling of the image serving servers, the safely backed up images and the image upload process. It may not be B2B, but it's an enterprise scale system and it's "publicly" hosted.

Who needs data centres?

suv comparison
suv comparison
7/20/2011 10:34:40 PM #

it ti permette di orientarti con semplicità nel pulviscolare niverso di Moncler.Troverai le indicazioni per lo spaccio o negozio Moncler più vicino a casa tua felpe moncler, pantaloni e abbigliamento sportivo.

iphone 4 case
iphone 4 case
7/27/2011 8:40:58 PM #

first direct loans
first direct loans
8/2/2011 10:04:32 PM #

Fantastic task I like your type! Would really like to right here your feedback on my website! I am also seeking for someone to help you me make websites!

photographe mariage paris
photographe mariage paris United States
6/8/2015 2:08:23 AM #

Thanks for your submission. Another item is that being a photographer will involve not only difficulty in catching award-winning photographs but in addition hardships in acquiring the best video camera suited to your requirements and most especially situations in maintaining the grade of your camera. This is certainly very genuine and obvious for those photography lovers that are in to capturing the particular nature's eye-catching scenes - the mountains, the forests, the actual wild or seas. Visiting these exciting places unquestionably requires a digicam that can surpass the wild's nasty natural environment.

Sharri Michonski
Sharri Michonski United States
1/6/2016 3:42:28 PM #

the style of keeping you connected with so many things of different types is awesome and you find it interesting everytime.

Romeo Kotzen
Romeo Kotzen United States
1/15/2016 4:35:51 AM #

I love the dolphin saving you one.

Rodolfo Thomases
Rodolfo Thomases United States
1/15/2016 6:44:39 AM #

Taren Esh
Taren Esh United States
1/15/2016 7:19:43 AM #

Jerald Petula
Jerald Petula United States
1/20/2016 6:00:45 AM #

Printing out an essay or paper, reading the first line and realizing there aren't any mistakes.<br />AWESOME!

Andrew Sherman
Andrew Sherman United States
7/20/2016 7:43:29 AM #

You have an accurate point of view, thanks!