Fixing JavaScript

by Matt 13. June 2007 15:48

Looks like Microsoft are actually working on a fix for the circular reference memory leak in their JavaScript implementation. About time, perhaps, but I'd love to know the techy details. How do they get their JavaScript garbage collector to know what references (direct or indirect) an unknown COM object holds?

Is there going to be a separate interface that lists references? This would have to be implemented on the HTML element objects, and so would fail with ActiveX COM objects.

Perhaps the GC lists all properties of a (non-JavaScript) expando object and examines them for a known interface to indicate a JavaScript object. This would allow it to know when a circular reference was made, but it wouldn't identify if the original non-JavaScript object was referenced outside of the script engine.

It's an interesting problem.

But there goes my theory about them using the new managed JavaScript from Silverlight...

suv reviews
suv reviews
7/20/2011 10:34:53 PM #

Hi,what an excellent article this is,I found it on bing and I like it very much,I agree with what you have said, lots of things will be learned form your site,but I still have some questions with the last part,can you explain it for me ?I will appreciate your answer,and I will be back again!

iphone os 4
iphone os 4
7/23/2011 8:30:06 PM #

it ti permette di orientarti con semplicità nel pulviscolare niverso di Moncler.Troverai le indicazioni per lo spaccio o negozio Moncler più vicino a casa tua felpe moncler, pantaloni e abbigliamento sportivo.

best ipad games
best ipad games
7/24/2011 6:12:36 AM #

photographe mariage paris
photographe mariage paris United States
6/8/2015 2:36:34 AM #

Thanks for your posting. Another factor is that just being a photographer involves not only issues in recording award-winning photographs and also hardships in establishing the best video camera suited to your needs and most especially problems in maintaining the caliber of your camera. This is very genuine and noticeable for those photographers that are in to capturing the nature's captivating scenes - the mountains, the forests, the actual wild or seas. Visiting these adventurous places undoubtedly requires a digicam that can meet the wild's nasty surroundings.

11/20/2015 8:24:57 AM #

nice web site.

11/22/2015 10:50:57 AM #

Wonderful Website.

Romeo Kotzen
Romeo Kotzen United States
1/6/2016 3:58:30 PM #

Francisco Brixner
Francisco Brixner United States
1/15/2016 4:53:14 AM #

Printing out an essay or paper, reading the first line and realizing there aren't any mistakes.<br />AWESOME!

Natividad Sluder
Natividad Sluder United States
1/15/2016 5:45:37 AM #

The dolphin saving you one is the best one!

Deena Hofer
Deena Hofer United States
1/15/2016 5:45:57 AM #

The dolphin saving you one is the best one!

Bea Sawin
Bea Sawin United States
1/15/2016 8:20:35 AM #

Hey, congratulations Neil. This site really is something special and it's been a pleasure to share it with my readership too. Looking forward to future awesome things, and I'll send any suggestions that are sufficiently awesome.

Garry Elston
Garry Elston United States
7/21/2016 6:06:30 PM #

Hi there I am as a result pleased I found out your site, I genuinely discovered on your own by means of error, whilst I was checking out on Google for anything at all else

Jaye Stancey
Jaye Stancey United States
7/25/2016 4:44:41 PM #

The three companies have made great strides to open up their ecosystems to as many developers as possible. There are quite a few models on the market, so compare prices to find one that fits your budget. Show Gratitude: We all know that customers have options, so when they buy an item from you, be thankful.The most common place where one can install Android apps is the Android Market. There are so many choices for those people who wish to buy a new cell phone at present. If you have a Smartphone and a few friends to try it out with, try it.friendly website, internet marketing businessinternet marketing, internet and businesses online, marketing, business, mobile computing, computers and technology, health, finance, video games, tech tutorials, science, tech, mobile applications, weight loss, software, computers, communications, cell phones, technology, outsourcing, mobile cell phone, programming, information technology, web development01-1Opting For The Top Paid Android ApplicationsIt helps you find the nearest Wi-Fi enabled location. First, the feature must be turned on for each Twitter account under the "settings" menu. The one common theme among all job seekers is anxiety. The mobile app developer biz is a bit like surfing.Apple seriously amuses me sometimes. iTan is such an app that i don't really know what to say to. That does not mean, however, that there are not paid apps worth buying. Don't overdo anything; don't take any hasty decision, don't act on the spur of the moment; don't consider win or loss as a fixed asset.

Ed Basila
Ed Basila United States
7/29/2016 6:27:29 AM #

I'm lookin to make a lil extra money and would like to start a blog for profit..

how to treat eczema
how to treat eczema United States
8/11/2016 1:33:56 AM #

How to add a new button to firefox navigation toolbar?

Heather Swayze
Heather Swayze United States
8/25/2016 4:11:57 AM #

Great educational post. Hopefully you can also discuss some green house designs with nice architectural planning

nutra forskolin
nutra forskolin United States
9/7/2016 3:27:29 PM #

I would like to know if there is a way to post short stories, and ongoing episodes for a story online and that it gets legitimate copyright on a site. I want to avoid sending my material to get copyright each time I make an update to my stories.  The bottom line is that I want to enjoy getting online feedback and not get stolen from..

potty training tips
potty training tips United States
9/9/2016 5:48:42 PM #

In general, how many blog posts have images out of all the blog posts in all blogs?. I'm looking for an average number for the US and worldwide..

potty training chart
potty training chart United States
9/13/2016 2:31:58 AM #

I am trying to build a blog as part of a project, and I have been told not use blogger or any of the blog building websites, Requirement is to get access to my blog privately without using any public site that requires me to log on to them before i get to my blog. How do i do it? Or is there any website that could help? Please help. I am in a race against time. Please.

Fredericka Barcena
Fredericka Barcena United States
1/1/2017 2:54:46 AM #

I will create a Professional Whiteboard Animation Video.Create a professional WHITEBOARD ANIMATION VIDEO and engage your audience!! Fiverr TOP RATED SELLER with over 9000 positive reviews with 3000+ happy customers!

kittiserk
kittiserk United States
6/5/2018 6:34:34 PM #

Sick and tired of being bored? There’s nothing at all good to watch on TV these days. How many cat videos can you watch at YouTube? What you really want is some live adult entertainment. That’s what http://www.camgirl.pw is all about. It’s 24/7 excitement like you’ve never seen before. Check it out and tell a friend. Something this good needs to be shared.

Free Auto Approve List 6-22-2018
Free Auto Approve List 6-22-2018 United States
6/23/2018 11:58:19 PM #

I added a new list today. I'm going to try to find new sites in a slightly different way. Read all about it by clicking the link above.

Free Proxy List 6-26-2018
Free Proxy List 6-26-2018 United States
6/26/2018 4:49:49 AM #

I've got a fresh new list of free proxies. I hope you all can put them to good use.

Free Auto Approve List 7-2-2018
Free Auto Approve List 7-2-2018 United States
7/3/2018 4:55:40 AM #

I hope you all have a great week. I've added a new list. This is the biggest list so far.

Free auto approve list 7-27-2018
Free auto approve list 7-27-2018 United States
8/5/2018 4:03:27 AM #

I added a new list. As you'll see it's bigger than most of them. I hope you all have had a great week!

cathleenprecious
cathleenprecious United States
8/7/2018 9:08:01 AM #

It’s been a busy week for you. What’s the best way to get rid of the stress of a busy week? The best and only way is by spending some time with the beauties over at http://www.camgirl.pw These are the girls who know how to treat a man right.

sexyassistant_
sexyassistant_ United States
8/10/2018 5:36:18 PM #

The weekend is fast approaching. Why not spend it with a sexy cam girl? There’s plenty of them over at http://www.camgirl.pw All of these girls are wanting to have a good time. That’s exactly what you’re looking for too. The most fun you’ll ever have online is right here. Have yourself a good time and meet someone new. That’s what this site is all about.

Best dating site
Best dating site United States
8/10/2018 5:53:04 PM #

Are you searching for a date? If so, there’s just one place where you should go. t.irtyc.com/vb8tffw9ts has more horny singles than any other place online. You can go there and hook up immediately. These are the type of singles who like to have some fun in the sack. Get laid today and put a big smile on your face tonight.